Welcome to HEROS Charity
HEROS Charity was granted charitable status in 2006 with help from the RoR (Retraining of Racehorses) and North Farm Stud, where the charity it based.
Every year thousands of racehorses leave the sport for a variety of reasons including injury, old age and lack of ability. But retirement from racing does not have to mean the end for these horses.
HEROS has successfully rehomed 100s of ex-racehorses and has developed an extremely good reputation for correctly matching the horses to their new owners across all disciplines; as competition horses, hacks or simply companions, truly giving them a second chance and an opportunity to enjoy 'A New Life After Racing'.
Click Here to Find Out What We Aim to do...
- Retrain and rehome thoroughbred ex-racehorses to have a new life after racing
- Assess each horse thoroughly and provide training for the most suitable discipline
- Match each horse to its new owner or loanee
- Provide ongoing support to ensure a sustainable, safe and healthy future for horses and their new owners/loanees
- Provide a safety net for vulnerable and unwanted thoroughbreds when their racing days are over
- Support the racing industry in its commitment to ex-racehorse welfare
A small number of racehorses are champions on the racecourse but each one of them has the potential for a new life in a different disipline after racing. They are all winners to HEROS Charity as they move on "to pastures new".