HEROS Charity is fortunate to be able to utilise many of the facilities available at North Farm Stud.
- Stabling – available for horses in purpose-built, modern, American-style barns and also outside stabling to suit individual needs.
- Restricted turnout – there are 12 straw turnout sheds of varying sizes and also several small post-and-rail convalescent paddocks.
- Isolation yards – our two isolation yards protect horses already in residence and help prevent the potential spread of disease. We have a strangles blood test policy for all new horses that arrive and they go into isolation until the results come back. This usually takes two days at most.
- Horse walkers – three modern fully-roofed, five-berth horse walkers with rubber matting floors. We have two standard-sized horse walkers and one extra large Monarch walker, which is ideal for horses recuperating from injury as they are walking on a much larger circumference.
- Lunging and breaking shed – our magnificent 80ft covered shed with waxed Martin Collins Enterprises Protrack surface is used for breaking and lunging.
- Turnout – HEROS has the use of the extensive turnout set in more than 200 acres. All paddocks are post and electric rope fenced, which has been proven to reduce the amount of injuries in comparison to post and rail. However post and rail paddocks are available on request.
- Outdoor floodlit school – 40ft x 25ft outdoor school with Martin Collins Enterprises waxed Protrack surface.
- Indoor arena – the latest addition to the North farm Stud complex is a state-of-the-art 30m x 35m indoor arena. Phase 2 plans will see the arena extended to 30m x 54m plus many other facilities. This has a Martin Collins Ecotrack Surface and benefits from LED lighting.
- Weighing machine – horses are weighed regularly, to accurately track their condition.
- Alternative therapies – used where appropriate including acupuncture, homeopathic remedies and various massage techniques.
- Own horse transport – we have our own four-stall horsebox and two-stall horsebox on site and can transport horses at competitive rates.