Your HEROS horse application
HEROS horses deserve a #NewLifeAfterRacing – thank you for your interest
We are committed to matching each horse to its new owner or loanee and providing ongoing support to ensure a sustainable, safe and healthy future for our #HEROShorses. In doing so we support the racing industry and its commitment to ex-racehorse welfare.
Please complete the application form below and we will be in touch with further details of the process. Thank you.
- Contact – calls will usually be made during the working day so it is important to have a daytime number.
- Viewing a horse – you are expected to bring suitable riding attire, including a hat that confirms to current standards and a body protector. We can lend you a body protector if required.
- Financial referee – family members are not acceptable unless you are under 18, in which case parents will be responsible for all financial matters relating to the horse.
- Horse husbandry referee – family members are not acceptable as horse husbandry referees, please consider asking an equestrian professional. If you are under 18 please provide Pony Club or riding instructor details.
- Guidance notes are available HERE
- Download a PDF checklist
If you have any queries in the mean time please contact Hilary Parsons in the HEROS Charity office on 01488 638820 or email@example.com